SAU volleyball ended a historic season in the GAC semi-finals. SAU wrapped up its third consecutive successful season, reaching the semi-finals for the second straight year. The team’s 23-12 record was the most wins and the second-best NCAA finish since the 1996 squad went 27-10. They finished the GAC regular season tied for second with Arkansas Tech at 11-3, setting the school record in winning six consecutive league matches. They also tied the school mark of nine consecutive wins since being affiliated with the NCAA. The team finished first in aces per set, third in kills per set, third in assists per set, and second in digs per set. The team also had 4 players who had over two hundred kills with two having three hundred and one having four hundred kills.
Personal accomplishments include
- Allie Cecil was ranked ninth in the GAC in aces per set and totaled 195 digs on the season.
- Monica Cox crossed the 200 kills mark for the first time in her career.
- Denise De Vine became the first player in nine years to top the 400-kill plateau, turning in 414. She also recorded 15 double-doubles on the season. Denise was also named First team All-Conference, GAC Newcomer of the Year, GAC All-tournament team, SAU Athlete of the Week, and GAC Offensive Player of the Week. She was third in the GAC in kills per set and also was a member of the 400/400 club with her having 400+ kills and 400+ digs on the season.
- Courtney Geesing recorded over 300 kills and recorded 10 double-doubles on the year. She ranked in the top 15 (in the GAC) in kills per set and total points.
- Megan Godsil was named SAU Athlete of the Week.
- Cambria Martin, who had her season shortened due to injury, totaled 158 kills and was ranked in the top ten in the GAC in hitting percent up until the GAC tournament.
- Courtney Smith became the 6th Lady Mulerider in program history to top 1,000 kills in a career with her ending her career with 1,012. Courtney was also named All-Conference Honorable Mention and was fifth in the GAC in hitting percentage.
- Klaire Blasco Vine was named All-Conference Honorable Mention, named GAC Setter of the Week three times, and was the GAC’s top server for 2012. She recorded 12 double-doubles on the year.
- Lauren Woods had 638 digs on the year and ranks second all-time at SAU, behind Mallory McKee’s 663 in 2007. Her 5.06 digs per set total is the fourth best total in SAU history. She also recorded two 30 dig matches on the year. Lauren was also named Second team All-Conference and was GAC Defensive Player of the Week twice.